Faith Development / HI-life for children in pre-school through grade 4 involves attending intergenerational HI-life Gatherings with their families and Sunday morning grade-level sessions. The Children’s Faith Development Sessions which are held between the Sunday Liturgies enhance and reinforce the theme of our HI-life year and focus on age-appropriate Catholic doctrine.
At our HI-life Gatherings parents and children learn together about our Catholic faith and are expected to continue the learning at home aided by resources in the HI-life@home kit.
Additional parent and child sessions are offered to help prepare children for First Reconciliation
and First Eucharist
For information for Catholic School families on the relationship between parish and school faith development and sacrament preparation, click here
The Faith Development of Children involves:
- participation in parish life, particularly weekly attendance at the weekend liturgy
- participation in six intergenerational HI-life Gatherings
- participation in Children’s Faith Development Sessions
- faith formation at home, aided by resources provided by the parish
- Sacrament preparation sessions for parents and children, as needed